Marketing / Business Development
St. Louis, MO
Walter General Agency Inc. (WGA) is seeking to fill a full time Marketing / Business Development positions. This positions will be based at the Home office location in Ellisville Missouri.
Founded in 1997, Walter General Agency offers a diversified platform of specialty insurance products through its general agency as a Managing General Agency (MGA) and Wholesale broker. WGA continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing its presence throughout the Midwest.
WGA offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our Compensation program includes competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, and vision Insurance with no waiting period, paid time-off in the year of hire and 401(K).
The marketing / business development position’s primary goal is to maximize Sales by building and maintaining strong relationships with retail insurance agencies throughout the Midwest.
- Manage Retail Producers primarily in the mid-west region for growth and profitability while increasing brand awareness of WGA and its product offerings.
- Identify, meet with and develop successful relationships with retail partners throughout the Midwest.
- Schedule regular meetings with Retail agencies and with the assistance of one of our underwriters develop a strong working relationship.
- Build and solidify a pipeline of new opportunities with new and existing retail partners.
- Collaborate with internal resources to efficiently handle impediments to profitable growth.
- Understand and effectively communicate WGA product features, benefits, and competitive advantages in a professional manner to our retail partners.
- Gather competitor data and market Intelligence to support product recommendations.
- Serve as liaison between distributions partners and internal contracting team to successfully activate new relationships and coordinate appropriate training for new and existing distribution partners.
- Network within the industry to help increase WGA’s visibility, including attendance at relevant insurance industry conferences, and other networking events on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Marketing, Communication or similar major preferred but not required.
- 3 + years’ experience in insurance sales/service/marketing or business to business account management
- Flexibility to travel / attend business related events outside usual business hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Wholesale E&S Insurance Producer/Broker
St. Louis, MO
WGA is a Midwest wholesale/brokerage for hard to place commercial insurance coverage. We are seeking experienced commercial E&S Producer/Brokers for our company. Prior Insurance experience is mandatory, E&S experience preferred, but not required.
Positions available immediately. This position requires strong relationship building skills to work with our targeted carriers, retail insurance agents, and internal producers. Only those with proven performance in this career path should apply.
- Strong knowledge and experience of property and casualty insurance. P&C License is preferred, but not required.
- History of business development and submissions from direct production responsibilities.
- Must be sales driven, “people person” who likes to establish new relationships while learning communication strategies and sales methods.
- Experienced in Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Reader. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
- Skilled in business writing and problems/situation analysis.
- Energetic, self-motivated individuals who are goal oriented and can thrive in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and develop new skills.
- Work with internal WGA producers, and retail insurance agents, to develop and submit business to target markets for placement.
- Learning and building relationships with our in house rating and brokerage markets.
- Assess new business submissions and negotiate terms, by selecting the markets that can provide the most coverage at the best price.
- Following submissions through the process, to assure quotes are provided in a timely manner and negotiate with all parties involved to reach an acceptable price.
- Solicit new business through various sales and marketing techniques and begin establishing relationships within a territory utilizing agency visits, telemarketing calls and cross selling.
- Coordinate and handle administrative workflows in conjunction with support team(s) to establish accurate and prompt response to service issues.
Data Entry / Policy Service Representative
St. Louis, MO
As a Policy Service Representative, you will type policies and service requests by communicating to customers via written correspondence and email. This person must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. This position requires the ability to work independently, be flexible, and demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality while being a team player. This position also assists with various administrative and customer service tasks, in addition to other duties.
This is a full-time position at our office in Ellisville, MO. The hours are 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of general clerical/office work experience
- Strong typing ability
- Previous PC Experience/ability to learn new software programs
- Attention to detail is important
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Our Employees have great benefits such as:
- Health / Dental / 401K / Short term Disability / Life